Thursday, October 9, 2014

Iguana

Iguana

October 2014

I chose to read this article, because this article is very interesting to me, personally. Iguanas are the most prettiest and most unique animals out there to me. The article that I read is mainly about where iguanas are from, and the genus names and their classifications. From the article that I read I learned that iguanas, are from tropical areas of Mexico, Central America, and several islands, like Fiji and also the Caribbean. Iguanas were first found by a Australian naturalist Josephus Nocolaus Laurenti. Iguanas can range from 5 to 6 feet in length including their tail. You can actually purchase iguana at certain reptile stores. Iguanas can typically range from $23 all the way to $10,000 depending on where you get them at, or in stores like www.petsmart.com and www.vippets.com both of which sells Green iguana's for around $72 there are 10 types of iguana color morphs. There is no controversy that I know of that has an issue with keeping iguanas in captivity. Most interesting thing about iguanas is how colorful they come in and how calm they are when being kept in captivity.  
Albino Iguana

Blue Iguana

Care Requirement:
• 20-50 gallon-long aquarium
• For substrates, plain rabbit pellets.
• six heating lights to warm up the body of the iguana


No comments:

Post a Comment