Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Chelydra serpentina

Common Snapping Turtle

October 2014


So I had the time to read an article about snapping turtles. I read some interesting things about the snapping turtle. The I had read is mainly about where the common snapping turtles are located what they eat, and what they do. Some things that I learned from the article is, the common snapping turtle is a large fresh water turtle. They are usually found from south eastern Canada all the way to southwest did edge of the Rocky Mountains. Snapping turtles are known for its powerful beak-like jaw, and a highly mobile head. Snapping turtles and not make it ideal pet for anybody. There is controversy that I know that has issues with keeping keeping turtles in captivity, sleep because of how flexible their neck is they could actually reach out to the handler and bite. The only other color more that the snapping turtle have is albino which I will show a picture down below. Interesting thing about the snapping turtle is how flexible their neck is.
Albino Snapping Turtle

Baby snapping turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment